Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Need to rant and rave for a sec

Ok so here is my little rant I am sure I have ranted about this before but I really need to say it again.
I finally know what I want to be when I grow up. Which is pretty impressive if you know me. I really want to be a leader in my community. I want people to look up to me and respect me. I want to be the person that stands up for the people that cannot stand up or speak up for themselves. I want to show people what it means to be a life long learner and help them achieve this. I am a life long learner.
I want to be a library director. I thought I would never want to work in the academic sector again, because of my undergraudate experience with them. After a year of working at Target I thought a public library had to be the same, so I could do that. I also thought I would want to work in a special library. Because how cool would that be?
Wow I so wrong. As it turns out, I really do not want to work in a special library. I do not really like sitting in an office all day. I LOVE working with my students at school. I really also like the idea of running a public library as well. Yes the public library is full of crazy people, especially if you do not live in the best area of town, but that is what keeps your life from being boring!!!!
So here I am STILL at the crossroads of my life. And I think I am at the perfect time to make huge leaps and not worry about falling.
I WILL be ok. I will be a leader in my community. I will finish my second degree. I will be a leader in my profession.
I AM scared beyond belief, but you can never know how far you can fly until you take that first leap! So here is to leaping! As far as I can go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment