Saturday, January 1, 2011

A ubiquitous NY post

Every blogger has a NY post. It comes in many shapes and sizes, but lets face it, we all have them. It is like starting with a blank slate. For once I can say successfully that I made it through all of my 2010 resolutions. Well for the most part.
Of the four resolutions I had last year,
1. No dating- Pretty much stayed that way. Plus I didn't have sex in 2010! That was a
resolution I didn't put up but admitted too. That helped with the no dating.
2. Get into better shape. I would like to think that while I am still not my ideal size or shape, I eat healthier and workout more than I ever have in my life. Loosing weight is an uphill battle for me, always has, always will. However its important to remember to be proud of yourself and everything else will follow.
3. Finish my education. Well I did finish my education, I don't have THE job yet, but I do have a A job and for that I do thank god in my prayers every night.
4.Become financially free. I don't know that anyone is ever completely financially free however I would like to think that I am a lot closer today than I have every been. I set a budget and stick to it. I spend and save equally. While I still say I don't have any money in my checking account, I also am almost done paying off my credit cards, have money in my savings, and have put a significant portion into my 401k. Its ok being poor. Thankfully many museums around LA have 2 for 1 memberships so I have those instead. Who needs money when I can have culture.

But the part everyone reads blogs on NYD is for everyone's resolutions!
1. Being more thankful for what I have. I used to pray every night that God give me a better job because I hated the one I had. The last couple of months I instead pray to God thanking him that I have a job, and to help me write better cover letters instead.
2. Learning a new computer language. I started to learn Excel, and I plan on borrowing books from the library that will help me learn new computer languages. Plus I am going to try and become both Apple and PC proficient.
3. Getting the most of life. I want to travel the world and see new things, and while I don't always have the money to do it, and I don't see a sugar daddy on the horizon, going to museums and spending time with my nephew makes up for the loss of money at this point.
I guess that is all I have. Funny how you never really think about what your goals are until New Years.
What are your New Years resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment