Monday, January 24, 2011

I am not normally overly religious.

Now I know I am not overly religious, however I thought to share a prayer with you. I say this just about every night before I fall asleep.
Dear God,
Thank you so much for the opportunity to live today. For the many blessings you bestow upon me. Give me a more grateful and happy heart tomorrow. Thank you for giving me a job, wonderful family, a roof over my head, and food in my fridge. I thank you and try to say that every day. Please give me the courage and strength to write better cover letters so library employers will notice me, but again I thank you for the job I have.
Amen.

I used to say.
Dear God,
Why do you hate me so? I am still working as a cashier at Target. What did I do to deserve this treatment? Please give me a job in a library!!!!! Please make the people who come through my line less stupid and more aware of their surroundings.
AMEN.

Now I started saying the top prayer about 3 months ago. My coworkers noticed my attitude towards customers has become more tolerant and nicer. MY cover letters to employers have become more in-depth and better. I wake up each day happy that I have a job, house and food. While I do not have my ideal job, in this job economy I am happy to have one at all.
So I challenge you, if you are unhappy with the way things are going in life, try just thanking God for what you have. I can almost guarantee you will see things in a new light and be much more joyful.

No comments:

Post a Comment